Monday, January 23, 2012

Too much time but never enough!

Or so it seems.  When sleep evades.

I need to renovate the blog:  for some odd reason the banner/header has shrunk and I can't fix it!  And so I've been avoiding the blog like a petulant little miss! But perhaps if I come back here more often those web/cloud/ether gremlins will play nicely and let me tidy things up!

At the risk of being trite I shall indeed:   KEEP CALM and Carry On.  No more cutting off my nose to spite my face!

Here's a pretty picture/whisp of inspiration I wanted to share oh so long ago:


These are some lovely vintage buttons I came upon, sitting pretty as can be on the pegs in a knitting shop in a small northern Manitoba town last November.  Mixed in among the new stock, lonely and dusty as if they were set out for sale 50-60 odd years ago and were forgotten by time.  Have no fear!  I snagged the lot of 'em!  Yellows, greens, blue and creams!  Why or why do I love buttons as I do?

Hmmm... they did inspire me that week to take out the mini-album kit I had packed in my suitcase , and I had a jolly old time putting it together:



After a week on the road, I returned home with the album almost done and just in time to be gifted to a deserving and inspiring LSS owner (aka a very good friend) on the occasion of her anniversary crop!  All because I happened upon those pretty little buttons, was inspired, and for once reached into the suitcase, took out craft kit, and CLOSED my briefcase, PUT AWAY the blackberry, IGNORED the fifty lbs (I kid you not!) of documents and case files, AND, I spent my evenings on the road that week making a sweet, happy little bit of paper-crafted goodness .   :)

 And with the help and advice of the ladies at the anniversary crop, finishing touches were applied, we each  wrote a special memory or message on journalling cards,  tucked them into the album and the  voila!  A happy small moment in life achieved!

I guess that's why I love buttons so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment